This is a most exciting time to join our team! Thank you for reviewing our current opening(s) below:
- Administrative and Development Assistant
Job Description: Administrative and Development Assistant
The Administrative Assistant will work on a full-time basis to provide coordination and administrative support to FV@W and their senior team. This individual will provide overall coordination across offices; support for donor development; and support for events and large meetings.
- Manage and maintain organizational calendar.
- Use agreed upon scheduling tools to coordinate staff scheduling of events and large meetings.
- Create and maintain list serves and organizational lists.
- Order supplies and materials as needed for events and offices.
Provide support for donor development
- Help with donor research.
- Set up meetings and calls as requested.
- Maintain updated contact lists and donor databases.
- Manage flow of information to funders and donors.
- Assist with grants management and tracking deadlines.
Provide leadership and support in events planning and execution
- Work with leadership team on all events.
- Prepare and distribute invitations and follow-up on responses.
- Negotiate with hotels and other travel venues in support of events
- Handle logistics as needed including catering, AV, and supplies.
Direction and decision-making
The incumbent works independently with clear guidance and assistance. Reports to the ED who will help prioritize requests from various staff.
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred, can be Associates Degree or equivalent training in Communications or another related field
- A minimum of four (4) years of work experience in non-profit administrative services and development work. The candidate should be familiar with database technology, conference call, and virtual meeting systems, and have at least two (2) years’ experience in event planning and coordination and office management systems.
- Knowledge of labor movement or other social justice organizations.
- Appreciation for organizing and political campaign strategies preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to work with leaders and staff in complex and sometimes political situations.
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers including the Internet, MSOffice and database, webinar, and other communications systems.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Flexible schedule and excellent work-family policies.
Interested parties: please send a cover letter, resume and recent references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: October 24, 2016
We are an EOE and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.