Let’s Talk About Paid Family and Medical LeaveOctober 21, 2014
October is National Work & Family Month, making it the perfect time to talk about the importance of paid family and medical leave. At some point, nearly everyone will need to take time away from work to deal with a serious personal or family illness or to care for a new child.
Join CLASP, Family Values @ Work, MomsRising, the National Partnership for Women & Families for a conversation with Working Mother magazine on Facebook this Thursday, October 23rd, from 1-2 p.m. ET.
Let’s talk about it!
- Workers describing the consequences of not having pay during leave
- Jennifer Owens, editorial director for Working Mother magazine
- Sharon Lerner, author of “The War on Moms: On Life in a Family-Unfriendly Nation,” who researched employers’ experiences with the NJ paid leave fund
- Gayle Goldin, the Rhode Island state senator who led the successful campaign to pass paid family leave in her state (Temporary Caregiver Insurance)
- Annette Bonilla, vice president and director of human resources, Environmental Science Associates, a California-based business that supports paid family and medical leave legislation
- YOU! Join us to talk about why access to paid family and medical leave is important to you and your family.