The New York State Paid Family Leave Coalition, the Family Values @ Work member coalition in New York, is co-hosting an event on Thursday, March 25 at noon, to celebrate the reintroduction of the Paid Sick Time Act in the New York City Council.
Here’s the invitation:
Stand with us at noon on the steps of New York City Hall to urge prompt action on this important measure to protect the economic security of working families and the public health of all New Yorkers. This bill will:
- make it possible for working moms to keep sick kids home from school so they can get better and avoid spreading illnesses to their classmates;
- make it possible for the restaurant workers who prepare and serve your food to recover from illness without risking their paychecks and their jobs;
- make it possible for workers to go to the doctor when they need to, and not wait till they are so sick they end up in the emergency room;
- make it possible for the good employers who want to do the right thing to operate on a level playing field where all businesses provide paid sick days
Show your support for the reintroduction of the Paid Sick Time Act
- Come to the rally at noon on Thursday, March 25th and stand up for paid sick days;
- Invite your members and fellow activists to attend;
- Add your organization’s letter of support to the growing stack (just email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The New York City Paid Sick Days Campaign will deliver them to the Mayor and the Speaker);
- Follow us on Facebook & Twitter; and
- Send an electronic message to the Mayor and the City Council urging them to pass The Paid Sick Time Act now: http://capwiz.com/timetocareny/issues/alert/?alertid=14063926
To RSVP or for more information, call 212-558-2276.