The Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Coalition is a broad, diverse coalition led by 9to5 Colorado and includes of community organizations, labor groups, faith leaders, public health groups, elected officials and businesses. We are all working together to build a community full of healthy families and workplaces and a stronger economy.
9to5 Colorado has been leading the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Coalition for 5 years, and the broad coalition has included a number of specific campaigns and policy fights:
- 2009 – Parental Leave campaign: a successful state legislative campaign allowing parents to take up to 18 hours of unpaid time away from work to attend their child’s school activities, like parent-teacher conferences.
- 2009 and 2010 – Colorado Paid Sick Days campaign: an effort to pass paid sick days at the state legislative level.
- 2011 – Campaign for a Healthy Denver: a Denver ballot initiative campaign that, if passed, would have allowed all employees in the city to earn paid sick days.
- 2013 – Family Care Act campaign: a successful state legislative campaign allowing FMLA-eligible employees in Colorado to use their leave to care for partners in a civil union and for domestic partners.
- 2013-2014 – Family and Medical Leave Insurance campaign: The coalition is now working to build a campaign to pass a family and medical leave insurance policy for all employees in the state.